REVIEW: SKINFOOD BLACK SUGAR MASK WASH OFF

Thursday, September 01, 2016



Hello Dear Readers!

Finally done with my job application by God’s grace!  And that means more blogging time for me while I am waiting for the result.  So this time I’m going to give review about the famous Black Sugar Mask Wash Off of Skinfood!

I was so happy when I first had this product as I’ve heard many good things about this and as it is a Skinfood product I’ve been expecting a lot. So did it meet my expectations?
Skinfood is one of the leading brands in Korea in terms of make-up and skincare – my opinion only; as their products are natural based and they select the best bioactive extracts to help promote beautiful skin. And all their products are suitable for all skin types using only the finest organic ingredients in their products. So tell me who doesn’t love that? We all do!  

The Black Sugar Mask Wash Off comes in a simple plastic container with a vintage styled label on the lid. 

And after the lid comes another lid to prevent lick out.

When I opened the other lid, I already smell the scent of black sugar which is kinda strong for me at first but tolerable, (I have sensitive nose). I’m actually surprised as I am expecting it to be creamy-ish but it is very sticky and has strong consistency. 


The description is written in both Korean and English so there will be no problem to those who can’t understand Korean. 



Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is enriched with vitamins and minerals. Here are the ingredients:

Sucrose, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Lanolin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Laurate, Butylparaben, BHT, Caramel, Parfum.

You can see and smell the sugar this product has. It exfoliates your skin as you apply it in your face, leaving a very smooth and soft skin like a baby! And once you rinse it off your skin glows!

The moment you put some in your skin, it will look like this: 


After a few minutes, it will start to melt and you will feel kinda heated up: 

After 15 minutes: 

Here's a  picture of me while I have the product on my face: 


After rinsing: 

You will feel that your skin is soft like a baby and you will notice the glowing effect! 


How to use:
After cleansing, massage onto damp face avoiding the eye and mouth areas. Mix with water or toner while massaging to minimize irritation. Leave it to your face for about 10-15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Recommended to use it once or twice a week.


How I feel about this product?
As I applied the product in my face the first time, I actually didn’t mixed it with water or toner and it is okay hence if  you really feel irritation you can mix it with water or toner the next time around. I can really feel the grains of sugar while I am scrubbing it in my face and while waiting for 15 minutes, I can feel the grains are melting and my face is slightly heated up since massaging promotes blood circulation. After rinsing it off, my skin is very soft like a baby and glowing it’s one of the best exfoliator as it leaves your skin very clean. I also love using this product especially when I am so stress, as it gives you stress-free looking face.

Probably the only con about this product is that it doesn’t have a spatula :’( So I recommend to use a spoon or make-up spatula for hygiene purposes and for you to easily take a rightful amount to apply.

Will I recommend this product?
Absolutely yes! Especially to those who really loves mask like me.

Rating: 4/5 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great review! I am using my homemade exfoliator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clio! Wow I think I would love to know your homemade exfoliator recipe <3

      Delete

INSTAGRAM