MY FIRST KPOP CONCERT EXPERIENCE: 2NE1 ALL OR NOTHING CONCERT TOUR IN MANILA

Friday, September 16, 2016


Every fangirl dream to attend their favorite girl/boy group’s concert; cheer to their biases, dance along with the music, meeting new friends and enjoy. Way back 2009, I was watching random music videos in youtube, when I’ve came across 2ne1’s music video “Fire” their debut song, the moment when the music started to beat I was really into it and I remember noticing Sandara Park since she was so popular in the Philippines. After that, I’ve became so interested about 2ne1, I downloaded their songs and listened to it for like 24/7. I researched about their profiles, activities; everything about them and I remember myself who can’t even decide who’s my bias among 4 talented girls. I watched 2ne1 TV and other clips and shows where 2ne1 guessed. That time also, I think I was the only person in our school who’s into Kpop, as far as I know so I don’t have anyone where I could spazz my feels about and my friends don’t really appreciate Kpop. Then, I slowly knew other girl groups like Girls Generation and boy groups like Bigbang and Super Junior; very famous groups till now.


2ne1 visited Philippines way back 2011 for their first concert! (I’m very honored imagine 2ne1’s first concert took place here in the Philippines? Whoaaaa!). But,  I wasn’t able to attend that time because back then I’m only 15 years old who rely to my family (well up until now), I am very far from Manila as I am in Pantukan, Comval Province. I need to buy not just the concert ticket but also plane ticket and I have no idea that time about going to other places without my parents and they won’t even allow me to just freely go anywhere not until 18. So I ended up watching the news that time, and youtube for fancams. Then came the time around December 2013, it was announced by Happee Sy that 2ne1 will visit Philippines in 2014 as part of their All or Nothing Concert Tour, I was having mixed feelings that time, I want to go but I’m just a student who was only a scholar of my parents, but with the encouragement of my Kpop friends we planned to attend. We looked for plane ticket promotions and scheduled our flight, I saved my allowance but I must admit I’m not really good at saving my money, but thank God my family supported me and gave me money for the concert and plane ticket because they knew  how much I love 2ne1.


May 15, 2014, I prepared all my things, and went to Patrice’s house with Unnie Gee as we planned to sleepover as we will go together the following day in the airport along with Kuya Mharc and Unnie Joy. That night we couldn’t even close our eyes because of our excitement especially that there will be many “first time” for me. We spazz all night, Patrice’s mom was worried about us since we did not slept and kept on talking. Our flight the following day was around 5:00 in the morning and I am very excited, everything was exciting it was my first time in the plane, first time traveling with my friends, first time to attend a concert, first time in Manila, first time to see 2ne1, so many first time. 


Here’s a photo we took while we are at Francisco Bangoy Airport (Davao). Super excited faces, eh? Haha! 




During the first 30 minutes inside the plane, we just talked but minutes had passed and my friends fell asleep, so I just read a magazine provided in the plane then my ears suddenly hurt and I couldn’t hear a thing except “tooooooot” I was really afraid and cried because my ears really hurts so much. My  friends woke up and told me it’s really normal, I should supposed to eat something in order for my mouth to move, that way there’s lesser chance for it to happen. But it happened already, no one told me about that not even my parents; I suffered till we arrived in Manila. When we arrived we hurriedly find a taxi to go to Terminal 1 to wait for CL, Bom and Minzy (since Dara was already in the Philippines a couple of days ago), we just take-out our breakfast in Mcdonalds so that we could go already in Terminal 1, afraid to missed the arrival of our 3 beautiful girls.

When we arrived there’s a lot of fans already waiting along with their banners to cheer for 2ne1. I also have my banner, 



(I’m not really good in making my own banner >.<)


Bom is my bias among 4 of them, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t love the other girls. I love them that even there are many girl groups now who made their debut, 2ne1 is still and will always be the only girl group I won’t get tired of supporting.

I was so amazed seeing other fans that time. I can’t believe I was really there waiting for 2ne1 with other fans, because I can only saw those kinds of scenarios in television or in youtube. But that time, I was part of the humble crowd of fans or should I say fellow Blackjacks. 


( With fellow blackjacks; Can you spot me? Hehe.) 

 
(Crazyyyyyyyy Pose) 

We waited for an hour and we scream every time a person went out hoping it’s our girls already, the place was filled of excitement and warm heart of each Pinoy Blackjacks. Then the real moment finally came when our girls arrived and in a blink of an eye went inside the car. I am not really sure if the 3 of them were at the same car because I wasn’t able to see them properly because it happened really quick and there are many fans who’s really tall. But I guessed I saw CL, I recognized her because of her hair and I was really screaming like a crazy girl. Many cars passed already and that’s only an appetizer for me, I am finally in my road to see my girls!

We headed at Mall of Asia to buy lunch and went to Sea Residence Condominium; it’s where we will stay, the place is just in front of Mall of Asia. We rest for an hour then we headed to Shangri La Mall for 2ne1’s press conference. 


I did not felt restless knowing that I literally did not sleep since yesterday instead I am so hyper, maybe because everything’s so exciting for me that time. When we arrived at the said place, there were thousands of fans already and we were very far behind already. We tried to sneak in but it was very crowded already and I couldn’t even breath literally, so we just went at the back and waited. Our spot was still fine; we still had a good scene at the stage. We met two other blackjacks, Roche and Jessie they were avid fans of 2ne1 also, they attended the press conference since they’ll not attend the concert because of their work. I happened also to bump with one of the famous singer and actor in the Philippines Sam Conception, but I actually did not noticed that it was him, he accidentally bump at me while he’s silently passing the crowd and apologized at me but I just stared at him, I don’t know why I did that, so mean. Anyways, he was the host of 2ne1’s press conference that time.

Then finally the show started and our girls went up to the stage and they are all gorgeous, “djhbsdgjksbkjbvkjshbl” too much fangirl feels that time. We screamed till our hearts content, I cried because of too much feels and happiness. The conference lasted for more than an hour, after it we planned to go back in the condominium, however it’s Friday that time and there are many people you can’t just get a taxi anywhere and anytime, you need to fall in line; and as usual we just took out our dinner and decided to eat it at the condominium. But since we just can’t get a taxi anywhere, we walked for how many minutes and that was the time where I felt that I was really exhausted, according to my friends I was like a walking zombie who doesn’t care to anyone. I was holding a bottled water that time but unconsciously it always slipped in my hand maybe because I am very tired that I couldn’t held it properly, making my friends to hold it for me. I fell asleep while are on our way back, when we arrived I ate my dinner right away and wash then sleep.

May 17, 2014, it’s D-Day! I woke up around 6 in the morning because I’m hungry. I get some chocolates, which Unnie Joy brought and went in the lobby. I received a text message from my classmate that time saying she needs my power point presentation because it needs to be submitted right way today and I was totally out of my mind that time, I did not even had my laptop with me. But, by God’s grace I had my power presentation saved in my usb, so with all my confidence I borrowed a laptop from Kevin, the guy I met at the lobby, it’s pretty embarrassing but I don’t have a choice. So right after sending my file to my friend, Kevin and I had a small talk, he was with his parents taking a vacation and I told him about the concert. He was pretty amazed when know that we are here for 2ne1’s concert, he also said he already saw some group of people about our age passing by outside with impressive outfit, probably they will also attend the concert.

Then I went back to our room and my friends just woke-up, we ate our breakfast and prepared everything. Then around 10 in the morning we went to the concert venue Mall of Asia Arena, it’s very near from where we are staying. They were many fans everywhere already, and maybe some of them slept there last night. We found a good place for us to eat our lunch and take a rest because we need to store lots of energy for the big show later.

Around 3:00 in the afternoon, we fall in line according to our tickets. I purchased Jack Package and it includes the VIP Standing Ticket but the line was still different to the normal VIP Standing Ticket. Around 5:00 pm, those who have sound check access went inside the concert hall to see 2ne1, and this time I am quite near now in the stage compared yesterday at the press conference. They prepared songs for us, as what I could remember they sang Gotta Be You and Come Back Home Acoustic version, I am not so sure. They interact with us for a couple of minutes, I tried to raise my banner for Park Bom to see it and shout “Bommmmmmm!” with my little high-pitch voice trying to get her attention and I succeeded, she waved at me for a while and then looked to the other side again. I was so happy; it feels like I just won a big amount of money. Then we went outside again to fall in line and also for the staffs to finalize the stage.

Around 6:00 in the evening, the place are getting crowded and messier, there are other fans who made their own line, other’s tried to get someone’s place so that they can go inside later a little earlier to find a good spot. It’s like a battlefield already, maybe because they can’t wait anymore and they are losing their patience, someone was also holding a coffee when she accidentally spilled it to another person, it’s very chaotic that time, the guards are very mad to the behavior of other fans already which caused mess. When finally the guards already allowed us to go inside, he said to just go slowly and do not rush to avoid accident, but other fans are really hard headed and run and push anyone so that they can just go inside, when I was about to enter my hair was pulled and I was pretty mad but I just ignored it and tried to let go of the hand pulling my hair, I have no idea that something chaotic would happened. When I arrived inside, I tried to find my other friend Patrice since we have the same ticket, she was just at my back but she’s out of my sight, so I just look for a good spot first and tried to contact her. She said she’s already inside and would want me to go to her but I am pretty satisfied with my spot already, not to mention that I am at the center stage and just after the railings, super near on the stage. So I just told her that I’m fine already with my spot, she’s also satisfied with her so we decided to just enjoy and we’ll see each other later.

Here are some photos I took inside the arena. 



And so the time had come, lights turned off and the countdown begun and then the opening song 2ne1’s Crush started to rock the place. Our four beautiful queens slay the stage, and I just couldn’t believe that I am witnessing their stage. And the funny things is that, Crush is an  upbeat song but I am crying because I am too much happy, and that time I am very thankful to God for letting me experience it. I am not the only one crying, the person next to me was also crying but the other one found me weird but I really don’t care. We danced along with the song, fanchants and raised our light sticks and banners to show support to our queens. After Crush was Fire their debut song, I cried harder I just couldn’t explained why, I am just so happy that I’m seeing them right now singing their debut song, the beginning of everything. “Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh 2NE1.”

I tried to get a nice fancam and shots but I gave up and decided to just enjoy the concert. My mind went crazy when they were finally at the second stage performing, well most of the time they performed and interact with fans at the second stage. I had with me a teddy bear keropi which Bom likes, a guy from my back helped threw it in the stage for me. 

They slay every stage with their powerful vocals and dance moves. CL was so sexy and attractive and I love the way she carried herself in the stage full of confidence; she always does. Bom was so gorgeous, she’s like a doll in my eyes and her legs are indeed diamonds, so long and gorgeous, it’s every girls dream to have those kinds of legs. Minzy, our dancing machine and the “maknae” of the group, who takes our breath away every time it’s her part to kill us with her dance moves, she’s very charming and different in person compare to what she is in TV. And finally, our “Pambansang Krung Krung ng Pilipinas” Sandara Park, full of charms and cuteness; she never gets old, she still looks exactly the same even if she’s already on her 30’’s, very young-looking; our “Vampire Goddess”.
2ne1 tried speaking Tagalog, as what Dara taught them and they are so cute aside from Dara, Bom is the next one who has good pronunciation though they can also speak little words. They even sang Dara’s famous song in the Philippines “In or Out”, all of them sang and dancd the song flawlessly except CL who’s like a child in the stage, she’s very funny. She said, she wasn’t able to practice because she went somewhere; and everyone laugh. They really made us feel that they love us and also we let them also feel how much we love them and welcome them in our country.

YG's Boy group Winner came to the concert as guest and I almost lost my voice that time screaming (Kyaaaaaaaaaa~). There were many Filipino celebrities also who attended 2ne1's concert. 
That very day also, it’s 2ne1’s 5th anniversary, so we blackjacks are very honored that 2ne1 celebrated their 5th anniversary with us. There are cakes from difference fan sites for 2ne1 and they are very overwhelmed and happy seeing those cakes in front. 


(Photo credits to 2ne1 Official Facebook Account) 

CL’s speech made me cry, I remember when she said “See you all guys after 5 years”. The concert lasted for about 3 to 4 hours, but it seems like we’ve been together for a day. Everything was so meaningful that day, I did not regret anything not even a centavo from my expensed for coming to Manila and attending the concert. It’s one of my goals to attend the concert of my ultimate favorite kpop group and it should be my first concert experience; and it was! I am so thankful to God for everything. It’s a memory worth to be remembered all the time.

2ne1 stayed at Solaire Hotel, it’s very near to where we were staying but we did not bothered going there to stalk; it’s more than enough for me to be with them for a couple of hours. There’s an After Party after the concert but it’s not included in my VIP Package and I also don’t have enough money to buy it so after the concert we headed back to Sea Residences to rest for an hour. Patrice and I decided to have a midnight stroll in Seaside, Kuya Mharc opposed it because it might be dangerous and we are girls (he can’t come because he is too tired already) but I assured him we will be fine and there were lots of people everywhere so there’s nothing to be worry. 


It’s our first time at Seaside and they were lots of people, it’s midnight already but there were families, group of friends, lovers, loners, etc. who was still outside dining, sitting and enjoying the view. There are also rides so it’s not boring; we planned to try every rides, first was the Ferris Wheel, it gave us a good look of Manila especially when we were on top already; very beautiful. Then after was the Dream Twister,
(ugh, I don't even want to see this pic >.<)

we actually don’t know how it works so we just try it; but I guess we’ve learned our lesson, I don’t even want to talk about it (It’s one of my unforgettable ride experience where I almost vomit, Patrice was like “Mama! Tabang!” English Translation: Mother, help!) Hoo! It’s not good for those persons who has heart problem. I got headache after and I don’t even want to look on the ride anymore. We rest and enjoy the scenery and looked for Jollibee (we saw one along the street while we were on our way awhile back), we decided to just walk to lose some fat and in our mind we thought it’s just near but were wrong again. My feet are hurting already since I’ve been standing since afternoon, when were finally at Jollibee the staffs just turned the “We’re Close” signage (Cry!) I really want to eat Chicken luckily we discovered Family Mart just around the corner near Jollibee, we have no idea about it but they are serving meals also and there’s Chicken! Favorite! (Happy~) And till now every time I’ll be at Manila I’m always looking for Family Mart to dine.


(My Love~ <3 ) 

And that’s how our very long night end; the day after was our schedule going back to Davao, we strolled around the place for a couple of hours and headed to airport.
I’ve made another good memory with good people in a very good place! It’s a memory worth to be put in my long term memory. All thanks to our Heavenly Father!

Some groufies we took during that time: 












I purchased Jack Package, it includes:

VIP Standing Concert Ticket
Sound check Access

Pulp Magazine
(I am so happy receiving the magazine as it features 2ne1’s The Party Concert and I was not able to attend so at least with the magazine I’ll get to know more about what happened in the concert and other exclusives (even if that was way back 2011; if its 2ne1 then I am fully interested))
Blackjack I.D
Official Poster

So that was the story of my first kpop concert experience! How about you? How was your first kpop concert experience? Share it to me via comment or email or you can just leave a message in my personal facebook account.

(Photo credits to my friend Patrice; I used some of her photos sinc I don’t have any good photos D;) 


Thanks for reading! See you in my next post.

Love~Love 

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I also like 2ne1, they are different compared to other girl groups who wear pastel colors. So nice of you to be able to attend to their concert, you must be really happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy, words aren't enough to express how happy I am that time. Yes, 2ne1 is different compare to other girl groups, they are full of swag and they always slay the stage with their powerful vocals and their unique individuality. <3

      Delete
    2. They are only few girl groups in kpop industry who has a different concept and definitely 2ne1 is one those unique groups.

      Delete
    3. Yes they are. Our foursome fearsome girls :) But it's just too sad Minzy left :'(

      Delete
    4. very heartbreaking to many fans, but whatever her reason is I hope she's happy

      Delete
    5. Yes it is, I was really sad and couldn't believe it at first but when it was officially announced and 2ne1's profile in YG's website became a 3 member girl group I thought it must be really true >.< But I wish Minzy well and I hope she still have a good relationship with the CL, Bom and Dara.

      Delete
  2. wow! eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh 2ne1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to attend my favorite artists' concert too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can, there's no impossible if you just pray and trust God. Believe that you can also experience what I have experienced at the right time. By the way, who's your favorite artist?~

      Delete
  4. Wow shai! so nice of you ka swerte nalang jud

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also attended aon tour, and 2ne1's new evo concert in seoul. I was like you when I first attended a kpop concert that was 2ne1's new evo super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lucky of you to attend new evo concert, how was it? I think we fans have same feelings somehow during our first eer kpop concert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun! It's my first concert I have attended too. The most memorable concert for me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I also attended aon manila tapos nag team airport dn kami ng mga kaibigan ko. Feeling ko nakikilala kita I remember kasi may keropi na teddy bear na daladala ng isang fan.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM